Thursday, June 20, 2002


some memories came back to me today as i was thinking about how i needed to go the dentist...

when i was little, i needed to have my 2 front teeth removed... they were as loose as could be for months but they just would not come out on their own... my mom took me to the dentist and, i remember this distinctly, he told my mom that he would have to give those teeth "some help" in coming out... some help... so, i thought... he would literally some how HELP them come out... my mom knew what he really meant, though... that he was going to give me laughing gas, wait till i passed out... then RIP THEM OUT OF MY BODY... anyway... i was little... what did i know? so... we scheduled an appointment to give those babies some help...

so... i go back to the dentist... i remember sitting in the chair and looking at the wallpaper as they were giving me the gas... since the doctor only practiced on children each room was themed with cartoons and kiddie stuff... the room i was in was a jungle/african theme... with elephants and giraffs and zebras and that's pretty much all i can remember... so... as i was getting high and going to sleep, this is what i was looking at... wonderful to have a little kid stare at these scary huge animals as you are about to to give them massive amounts of a drug that will make them pass out and hallucinate and have FUNKY ASS dreams... anyway... i went to sleep... and can you imagine what i dreamed about?? yep... elephants and giraffs and zebras... it was a completely black background... there was nothing there... just blackness... and then in came the elephants and giraffs and zebras... like they were putting on a parade... they just came marching into my line of vision... and since it was just a black background, it was like they were floating... very odd... and very scary... for some reason it really freaked me out...

anyway... that was about the extent to my dream... nothing happened... it was just elephants and giraffs and zebras prancing around...

and then i woke up... and had a mouth full of cotton and blood... and i was like "what the hell?????? why are my teeth gone?? i thought he was just gonna help my teeth come out!! the bastard took them!! wait till i tell my mommy!!!" and i told my mom... and she was like "duh! what did you think he was gonna do??" ...sheesh... she coulda told me......

this might be a contributing reason why i am scared of very large animals... i don't like big animals... they're fine to look at and all... i've had dreams of very large things attacking me... mostly lions and tigers... anything with huge fangs... just... eeeek... getting mauled to death... scares me... why or how i would ever put myself in a situation that it could possibly happen baffles me... but... i'm terrified of getting mauled to death/eaten alive... when i think of elephants, though, i don't imagine large teeth (though those tusks aren't exactly pleasant) but they can still be scary... i mean... they're huge! and they can trample you to death... EASILY... with just one step... can you imagine laying on the ground, scared to death, frozen in fear, trembling as the elephant's toes come closer and closer to crush your chest??? ......blah.....

anyway... on another note... speaking of elephant's toes and whatnot.... does anyone know of any good at-home pedicure product??? not to sound all nasty and weird... but, i suppose like most people, my feet are really dry... and i was noticing the other day that the tops of my toes are even super dry and are developing callouses... and i really don't want to have icky feet... i went to CVS and (briefly - cause i had no money to spend on such frivolous things) looked for some kind of home pedicure kit thing... but i wasn't sure where to look... and i didn't really look too hard because i wasn't going to buy it anyway... maybe i just need to get another pumus stone... i hate those though... i'm always scared i'll scrape too much skin away and actually hit good healthy skin and then really hurt myself... i've done that before... and oooo, does it make your feet sore... :) man, this is a nasty conversation i'm having here... yech...

---

ugh, i think i have failed this challenge miserably... this was a LOT harder than i thought it would be!! :) sigh... i wish i were more creative... a LOT more creative... :) i tried to keep it all true... i didn't lie about anything just to mention "elephant's toes"... i suppose i could have and that would have made a more interesting post... ah well... :)

5:27 PM CT  :: 

Comments: Post a Comment


The Streets of
  Where I'm From

Just Another Girl
Tricia's Journal



powered by
blogger pro