Monday, April 07, 2003

man, I got screwed...

well, I have some shitty news and some ok news...

shitty news first... I got a call at 8:00 this morning from the principal of the school I was supposed to work at... she called to tell me that she filled the position of TA but that she might have another position coming up that she would keep me in mind for... gee, thanks, bitch... she TOLD Steven's dad that this job was MINE if I wanted it... I wanted it... so, why did she give it to someone else?? I mean, I can understand that she mighta thought I wasn't qualified enough... or that she interviewed someone that was better for the job... that's fine... BUT THEN she should not have told Steven's dad that it was mine for sure if I wanted it... she should have told him that she would be glad to meet with me and give me consideration... bitch... I'm pissed...

anyway, that really pissed me off... and frankly... it really hurt my feelings... WHY can I NOT get a job???? even jobs that are supposedly PROMISED to me... I can't get... I don't understand... I mean, yeah, I haven't had that many jobs in my past... but I HAVE had jobs... and I'm a COLLEGE GRADUATE!! does that not count for anything?!?!?

so, some ok news... after the shitty phone call I got online to look for job ads (I was planning on doing it this morning, anyway)... and I wasn't picky about the things I decided to apply for... I saw that one of the florists up the street was looking for some help... so, I decided to run over there and fill out an applications... but, 1st I decided to go to Honey Baked Ham, cause they had a huge-ass "Now Hiring" banner in their window... so, I figured that would be a good chance to get a job... after all I did work at the deli at a grocery store... so, I went there and fill out an application... it's just a holiday job, though, for Easter... just a few days... oh well....... then I went to the florist... I filled out the application... and then the manager wanted to talk to me real quick... so... I met with her... she told me that she can only pay minimum wage (better than nothing) and she can't hire me full-time... but she can guarantee me a job until Mother's Day and maybe after Mother's Day if they decide they still need me... then she told me to come in on Wednesday morning to start me off........ sooo, I guess I have a job... she was very casual about it... it was a little too easy... it's not much money... at all... and it's just part-time... but it's more than I have now... and I'll at least be able to buy groceries and gas with it........ so, I'm not complaining.........

I'm still really pissed about the TA thing, though....

10:23 AM CT  :: 

Comments: Post a Comment


The Streets of
  Where I'm From

Just Another Girl
Tricia's Journal



powered by
blogger pro