Monday, May 05, 2003

miss me?

well, i know i haven't really blogged in a while... i've sorta been busy with work and all... i just haven't felt like getting in front of the computer lately... just no real interest...

work is going alright... i think the owner finally decided on which store i will be permanently working at... the store i didn't want to work at... which figures... a major major major bitch works there... she's nice... then she's like... not... i don't quite understand her... i can't really seem to do anything right in her eyes... but then she turns around and tells me i'm doing a great job and i'm a huge help...... i hate people like that... and she's always touching me... and calling me baby and honey and PUNKIN... at least the other people that work there have noticed the way she is with me... so, it's not just me or my imagination... the other day, i got back from lunch where i ran home to let mack out... i was standing next to her... and she bent down, sniffed my shoulder, and said "you smell like your house"....uhhhhhhhhhhh............ okaaaaaaaaay... you saying i stink? what are you saying?? what the hell does that mean?!?!?! i know everyone's house has a distinct smell... and sometimes people's clothes end up smelling like their house... but, who SNIFFS someone and tells them they smell like their house?????? is that an insult?? SHE smells like stale cigarettes and perfume... you know those woman that smoke a lot and so drench themselves in perfume to cover the cigarette smell?? that's her... she stinks to high heaven... but do i mention that to her????? sigh... anyway... if it weren't for her, i would really enjoy that store... the past 2 days i've worked she had off... and it was really great... the people are fun, they goof around, they're really nice.... sigh... she makes my life miserable... i was really snotty with her the other day though... every time she made a comment, i answered her back in a snotty voice... as snotty as i can get... it took a lot to get that out of me.... people can usually walk all over me and i'll take it and cry about it later...... but i just know, one day, she's gonna make me snap at her.... the other day, we had to take these swings outside to hang them up and display them out by the front door... they're made of wood and fairly heavy when you're carrying 3 at a time... i had 2 in my left arm and 1 in my right... she grabbed one out of my left arm making me drop the other one i was carrying... she snapped at me "don't just drop them like that! they'll break!!" and i wanted to snap back "bitch, i wouldn't have dropped it if you hadn't snatched the other one outta my arm!" ...but, i didn't... instead i just said, with a bitchy tone of voice, "i didn't mean to drop it"..... yeah, you tell her shannon....... sigh... one day....... and, she's only 24! she's a year older than me... it's not like she's some old lady with a chip on her shoulder.......... sigh....

anyway........... steven and i picked up my wedding ring this weekend!!! it's soo purdy! i love it... can't wait to wear it all the time! we also ordered steven's ring... it's just a plain white gold band... that's all he wanted, which is fine... he can't wear it at work anyway... he'll probably end up never wearing it... he'll forget to put it on when he gets home and on weekends, i know it... oh well.......

i got a call this afternoon from my bank... i had applied there for a teller job... they actually called me back to come in for a test and an interview... imagine that! someone actually called me back after i gave them a resume! wow! so, that's really cool.... maybe they'll hire me... i really need a real job... it's still not exactly what i want to do, but at least i'm getting somewhere.... if i get it, that is.... hell of a lot better than working at a florist... with a bitch.... anyway, that's for monday morning... i hope they don't get totally turned off when i tell them i'm getting married in 2 weeks (from the interview) and i am going away in a week for a week... i'll keep my fingers crossed...

my dad's flying in next saturday... not this coming saturday, the 10th... saturday the 17th... then we're going to be driving up to roanoke either sunday or monday... steven's coming up with his sister and brother-in-law on thursday... getting close :)

3:23 PM CT  :: 

Comments: Post a Comment


The Streets of
  Where I'm From

Just Another Girl
Tricia's Journal



powered by
blogger pro